Few Tips to make your Moving Smooth
Moving from one home to another can be very cumbersome and tricky task, and you need help to make it as simple as you can.
Here is a list of items that can help you make sense of it all.
Moving tips and tricks
Where do you start? How will you get everything done? Here are some tips to help you:
- Leave behind as much as you can. This is the best time to do some spring cleaning. As you go through your things, you’ll discover a lot of things you can simply leave behind. Old furniture you no longer need? That horrible rug? Don’t bother taking it with you. Either donate it, or just leave it behind.
- Label your cartons. One carton should belong to one room only. Make sure you label the cartons with the room they belong to as you pack. This way you can instruct the movers to load them in the room you want without any fuss.
- Do not empty out your drawers or cupboards. It makes no sense to take out everything from your drawers and cupboards if you are going to take them along with you. You’ll only have to put everything back all over again – and it will increase the number of cartons and probably van space that you will need, increasing your moving expense. Unless there is a threat of damage, leave everything as it is.
RELATED: student Houston movers and packers
Still confused? Here’s a list of very common questions that might answer some of your most pressing concerns.
- When should I move? Avoid scheduling your move around the beginning or the end of the month or around weekends. These are peak periods for moving companies and rates will be higher.
- How do I select a moving company? Ask around! Do not just Google for moving companies. Web sites and other material always present the company in the best possible light and may not be reliable. Get reviews from friends, families, and neighbors before you commit. Learning from real-life experience will give you an idea what to expect.
ALSO READ: 3 Men With A Truck movers for hire Houston
Here’s a list of items that can help you prepare for your big day:
- Start going through your stuff to determine what you don’t need. Give away, sell or donate anything that you no longer want or need.
- Begin packing the stuff you don’t use regularly much before the other stuff that you use regularly
- If you are locating to a new area, find out about doctors, grocery stores and other necessary information well in advance.
- Start informing your friends and family of your new address, phone number and other contact details.
- Inform your bank, utility companies and any other billing company of a change in address.
- If you have kids, ensure that the school updates the new address in their records.
- Start using up your food. Refrain from buying in bulk at this point.
- Cancel your newspaper and magazine deliveries.
- Get your utilities switched off.
READ MORE: apartment affordable movers in Houston TX